Saiyuki Reload v.3, v.4, v.5, v.6
by Kazuya Minekura
This is probably my favourite manga series of all time. It has everything a good series should have, characters you can get emotionally involved with, it's serious at times but at others has pure slap stick, there's also plenty of action (obviously) and an engrossing, multi-faceted story. Quite good really for a manga, I tend to find some artists just don't know how to weave a plot no matter how breath-taking their art is.
I admit though rather guiltily I started these books for two reasons-- It was (I thought) a short series of nine books (I didn't notice the second series)
- The front cover for Saiyuki v.1 was pretty cool ->
.......not exactly the best way to choose a series to read......
but it worked out well as I adore both saiyuki and saiyuki reload.
Volume three was great because it started the burial arc of the story and you found out loads about their pasts, (Hakkai took off his limiters, but it didn't show what happened! ohw! Though i heard it shows it in v.7!). I found the next 3 volumes weren't the best however out of the saiyuki series, I guess it may be down to my personal dislike of Hazel who is introduced but it certainly picks up in v.6 and now I'm on the edge of my chair to find out what happens to Goku but also to Sanzo (he's my favourite character). Argh! I've ordered v.7 but Amazon can't deliver it for two weeks! *sniffle* ...meanie....

No comments:
Post a Comment