The Blood knight
by Greg Keyes
This is the third one in the series so I wouldn't advise starting this without reading the first two: The Briar King and The Charnel Prince. I discovered this series in a charity shop a long time ago and I haven't regretted it. When you first start reading this series it feels as though he has overdone it on the amount of characters as throughout the series he is introducing more and more. This tends to level off in this book as we become better acquainted with the characters and elements of the story become much clearer, all the whys and whos.
One thing I love about this book is the weaving story lines, they all intersect harmoniously and the action keeps on going but he doesn't overdo it.I must say I don't like one of his main characters Aspar White, he just annoys me for some reason but as there's about six main characters, there's others to love. His concept of music like the ancient modes is really different, you gotta admit Leoff's composing skills must be pretty wicked if he can do what he does with music. I don't like to admit it but I'm a romantic at heart and it supplies. The loves in this book aren't overdone, they're believable and seem real, (Neil's Tragic love story, following mainly from the last books, is a firm favourite of mine.)
Absolutely loved it, but was bloody well pissed off when I found out this wasn't the last book (I thought it was a trilogy) I really want to know what happens next!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment